A giant bag of pecans + 10 minutes = healthy, fast, cheap and easy nut butter!
One 8oz (1 cup) jar of Artisana Pecan Butter costs $13.48, while three 12oz bags of Raw Pecans costs $23.58 (these 12oz bags have the capability of making you ~4.5 cups of pecan butter)... that means this homemade Pecan Butter will only cost you $5.24 per cup. Let's do that math:
$8.24 in savings, PER CUP!!
:O *shocked face*
A few more blends, and TA DAAA ... I got this:
Raw Pecan Butter:
(makes ~1 cup)
2 cups Raw Pecans (you can use roasted as well)
1. Add the pecans to your food processor and pulse until you get pecan crumbs.
2. Process for 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your food processor), scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Feel free to add salt, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves...) or sweetener (maple syrup, honey, stevia...) to taste. Scoop/pour into a pretty sealable jar. Store tightly sealed in the fridge.
I was so excited about this nut butter, I used almost all of it to make these Maple Pecan Oatmeal cookies:
Sadly, they were a little dry and turned out more like a muffin-top rather than a cookie. Still, they were so delicious that my family and I gobbled them up anyways.
So how can you use this pecan butter?
- Spread it on warm toast with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
- Jazz up your morning oatmeal with a spoonful as topping
- Top a bowl of Butterscotch Pumpkin Overnight Dessert Oats with it
- Pecan Butter Cookies (use pecan butter instead of PB and add 1 tbs oil if needed)
- Spread it on some tasty Raisin Bran Muffins
- Make "Reese's" Pecan Butter Cups!
- Eat off
your fingera spoon
- Buttery Toffee Blondie Batter (use pecan butter instead of almond butter)
- In any recipe that uses a nut butter
- Chocolate Pecan Toffee Fudge Brownie Batter
See ya Friday! Until then, enjoy some of this pecan butter.
It's totally perfect for the ever-so-close starting of Fall :)