My oh my, it's been a while, I haven't made a brownie batter in months! I blame the death of my Magic Bullet... or maybe the fact that I never have self control around a giant bowl of fudgy, chocolatey, secretly healthy goodness. Plus, I wanted to use my toffee flavoring in something else other than coffee for once. Toffee coffee? Yeah, that's another thing I have no self control around...
Brownie Batter Pros:
- tastes unhealthy, sinful, rich, amazing, decadent, and so on...
- defines the true essence of chocolate, pecans and yummy buttery toffee
- full of healthy fats, fiber and protein
- limited in sugar and sodium
- so incredibly easy to make
Brownie Batter Cons:
- has a tendency to disappear before your eyes...
Chocolate Pecan Toffee Fudge Brownie Batter: [eggless, low sugar, high fiber/protein, GF, vegan]
1+1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (GF if you like)
6 tbs Granulated Erythritol (or dry sweetener of choice)
64g (2 scoops) Chocolate Protein Powder
40g (1/4 cup) Brown Rice Flour*
2 tbs Dark Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
one 15oz can Black Beans (drained and rinsed well; 1.5 cups beans)
1/4 cup + 3 tbs Unsweetened Almond Milk
64g (1/4 cup) Raw Pecan Butter (I've used almond butter with good results too)
21g (1 tbs) Molasses
3/4 tsp English Toffee Stevia Extract**
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk. Set aside.
2. In a blender, puree the wet ingredients. Scoop over the dry ingredients and fold together. Refrigerate covered overnight and serve the next day (trust me, it's worth the wait!)
*Other flours such as oat flour, almond flour, etc will also work
**For $5 off this item, use this code at iHerb.com checkout: BAF165
300 cals, 8g of fiber and 18g of protein??
Not too shabby for an extremely rich fudge brownie batter!
Oh yeah, that's what I call breakfast. I know you're with me on that one ;)