I thought you were the peanut butter type?
Oh, I am. Trust me.
These pistachios were actually an impulse buy. I passed a giant bag at the grocery store and grabbed it (I think it was the packaging... it was just so pretty!). Little did I know
While the roasting process adds a deeper, stronger flavor to nuts, it also destroys some of the nutrients... that's why I stick to raw nuts and nut butters. Nonetheless, the minerals and healthy fats are still present!
So even though I was never really a fan of pistachios, I knew that they always added beautiful colors and presentation to a dish.
Even though this is green, it's gorgeous. Not to mention, incredibly delicious and amazingly addicting!
Yes, even to a peanut butter lover...
(makes ~1 cup)
2 cups Pistachios, roasted and unsalted
1. In a food processor (I used a large blender and it still worked!), process all the ingredients until mixture smooth and buttery (about 5-10 minutes; no oil is necessary), scraping down the sides when necessary (add 1/8-1/4 tsp of sea salt if you like)
2. Scoop into a mason jar (or any other cute jar) and store covered in the fridge.
Now where can you use this pistachio butter?
- Top your morning oatmeal with it (like Ashley)
- Spread it on toast with a drizzle of honey
- Spread it on my Pistachio Cake Bars!
- Reese's Pistachio Butter Cups
- Pistachio Butter Cookies (use pistachio butter instead of peanut butter, and maybe erythritol instead of sugar)
- Chocolate Pistachio Butter Cookies (same thing, just chocolatey! Plus, you can use my DIY Brown Sugar!)
- Pistachio Butter & Jelly Uncrustables--did someone say scare the kids??
- Make my green cookie dough a little more green :)
- In any recipe that uses a nut butter
- Finally, Lemon Pistachio Krispy Treats with Honey-Vanilla Fondant & Strawberry Jam!